Typically with a uniform rental service, a customer is invoiced rental charges that help offset the cost of merchandise, cleaning, delivery, and invoicing, but these rental charges don’t usually cover other recurring costs like prep fees, which are assessed for ordering, receiving and identifying garments for tracking purposes. Additionally, the rental charges typically don’t cover the cost of emblems, embroidery or size changes. Also, if merchandise is replaced prematurely, early replacement fees could be assessed and, because the merchandise is rented, charges can also be assessed if not returned when services are discontinued. These ancillary charges are not unique to Roscoe, but not all rental suppliers are forthcoming in discussing these additional charges when trying to acquire new business.
Work Uniform Rental Fee Transparency
When working with a prospective customer, we always share what the rental fees will be in addition to other charges that might appear on the invoice as already mentioned. We don’t hide any charges as we don’t like surprises and we know that our customers don’t either.
While extra charges such as damage, loss, prep, embroidery, etc. are legitimate, customers still don’t like paying them, especially when they result in spikes in the billing. This is a typical scenario in a traditional uniform rental service, but here at Roscoe, we pride ourselves at not being the typical traditional uniform service. We realize that no one appreciates the charges going up and down like a roller coaster. It just makes it impossible to budget.
Work Uniform Maintenance Programs
That is why we were the first uniform rental company in the marketplace to offer a variety of maintenance programs to reduce billing spikes for different reasons.
- Premium Prep Plan: coverage from extra charges associated with garment prep fees, emblems, embroidery and size changes
- Garment Maintenance Program: coverage against early replacement charges if a garment is damage and removed from service prior it’s expected life cycle
- Loss Maintenance Program: coverage against merchandise lost and not returned when service is discontinued for an employee
- The Combined Maintenance Program: this is the Damage Maintenance Program and Loss Maintenance Program combined, which provides coverage for a certain amount of lost items for each wearer annually and also provides coverage against potential early replacement charges
- The NEW (Never Ever Worn) Program: this program guarantees brand NEW garments for new hires, garment replacements and size changes
- The Premium Mat Program: provides coverage from additional charges that may be incurred when a mat is damaged or lost.
Roscoe is proud to always be there for the customer and wearers to prevent spikes in the weekly invoice. So why wait for them? Talk to your RSR, CSR and DSM today. Our independent Market Measurement Research has shown that customers on one or more of the programs has resulted in significantly improved customer satisfaction. Why not be one of them?