In a few short weeks, Roscoe will wine and dine an elite group that have served this Chicago uniform company for at least 20 years. Over cocktails, pasta and breadsticks, we will honor two new inductees in the 20 – Year Club. The Roscoe Company started this recognition program in 1957, and every fall hosts a dinner where hard-working Team Members are given a plaque and a gift as a token of our appreciation for contributing to the success of our company. Throughout Roscoe’s history, over 150 Team Members have been employed for 20 years or more, 10 of whom are still active.
It is known that there is a fundamental human need for appreciation and motivation, therefore, a vital part of an organization. Without committed team members, the business would not exist. In 2003, Gallup conducted research regarding the effect appreciated, accepted and satisfied team members have on businesses. The key findings are:
- Increased individual productivity – when a certain behavior is recognized/rewarded, it will be repeated = productivity
- Greater team member satisfaction and enjoyment of work. According to the internet: if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.
- Provides direct performance feedback
- Higher loyalty and satisfaction scores from customers
- Increase in teamwork
- Retention of quality team members increases
- Better safety records and fewer accidents on the job
- Lower negative effects such as absenteeism and stress
This explains why Roscoe has the highest averaged tenured Team Members in the industry. Our Route Service Representatives average 10+ years, while national industrial launderers average 18-24 months. Our Team Leaders have an average tenure of 15 years, and Production Team Members average 7-10 years. Not to toot our own horn.
We want to confirm that members of this uniform company are valued and their work is valued. At the beginning of this year, Roscoe switched to Terryberry for Team Member Recognition. Terryberry has many similar values to Roscoe, including 4th generation, family-owned with over 90 years of service. Therefore, it is a great fit to have them help us achieve our goals.
Thanks to everyone here, our customers, supporters and Terryberry in celebrating success.