In the spirit of national safety month, below are the latest research findings and statistics related to the impact of dust and dirt on the appearance of your place, impact on labor and the impact on the health of people.
- “91% of shoppers select a store to shop in because of its appearance” (Progressive Grocer)
- When asked, “What’s the first thing you look at when judging cleanliness?” the most popular first response of consumers was “Floors” (42%)
- “A 10-year long study released also underscores the importance of entranceways, finding that students, when visiting colleges, largely based their selections on the appearance of the campus – specifically entranceways, restrooms and the grounds” (Cleaning & Maintenance Management)
- When customers choose a restaurant, cleanliness ranks at the top for fast-food destinations
- “It is estimated that 90% of building maintenance cost is labor” (Cleaning Management)
- The estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a modern building can exceed $600 (International Sanitary Supply Association)
- “A dollar spent keeping soil out of a building will save 10 dollars in removing the soil once it’s inside” (Cleaning & Maintenance Management)
- 39% of all custodial time is devoted to floor care maintenance (National Executive Housekeepers Association)
- Proper matting alone can save approximately 200 labor hours in the average home per year (Mr. Don Aslett, America’s #1 Cleaning Expert)
- About 10% of Americans are allergic to some component of dust (Dr. Robert Pumbhrey, Washington, DC)
- Indoor air is found to be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air (Environmental Protection Agency) and most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors (American Lung Association)
- American businesses are spending upwards of $100 billion a year as a result of lost worker productivity due to poor indoor air quality and “Sick Building Syndrome” (Consumer Federation of America)
- Medical research has proven that most headaches are allergic reactions to dust (Medical Digest)
Benefits of Mat Rentals
- We purchase the mats for our customers
- We exchange dirty mats with clean mats on a weekly or every other week basis
- We clean the mats through an industrial laundry process; unless cleaned properly, mats actually become saturated with dirt and vacuuming only removes 10% of the dirt – this dirt eventually becomes airborne and can contribute to health issues and electronic equipment failure.
- As mats wear out, we replace them at no additional cost to our customers
- We have a variety of colors and sizes to choose from and customers can personalize mats with their logo and/or unique message
What more do you need to know about floor mats and dust?