What is the first thing you notice when you walk into a place of business? The décor? Lighting? Music? Staff? How about the dress of the employees?
A J.D. Powers and Associates survey of about 1,000 respondents researched the association between consumer and business-to-business buyer preferences for uniforms on employees. We knew that present-ability can influence buyer behavior and user experience, but we didn’t have quantifiable data.
Here are the hard facts:
- Approximately 60% of consumer and Business-to-Business respondents across the board prefer uniforms.
- The more frequent customers, and therefore, the more valued (return) customers are more likely to prefer employees in uniforms than are those respondents who make use of the product/service less frequently. This is especially relevant in the following settings: Car Wash, Dental/Medical Office, Fast Food Restaurant, Grocery Store, Home Electronics Store, Midscale/Upscale Restaurant, Parking Lot Attendant/Valet Service.
- The standard work shirt and pants is the most preferred style in “hands-on labor” settings.
- There is a preference for the Embroidered Casual Shirt and Embroidered Knit Shirt in the retail services for a clean, consistent image.
- For most consumers, seeing preferred style (versus no style at all) increases likelihood to purchase.
- Consumers agree that it is easier to identify who can help when employees are in uniform (authority).
- Employees in uniform have a variety of positive personal attributes including competence, credibility, trustworthiness and feel the product/service quality is likely to be higher when employees are wearing uniforms.
Through all this we understand that uniforms function both as signal and symbol and can advance brand image by the positive attributes associated with uniforms. If you are in a service where consumers prefer uniforms or a setting where they would prefer to see uniforms, contact the Chicago uniform company to see your options. The uniform rental company has traditional, casual/executive, flame-resistant, high and enhanced visibility, food processing and medical. Roscoe also offers uniform protection plans that can reduce spikes in invoices for companies with high turnover and replacements.
Gain the competitive edge and call the Chicago uniform company today!