Few are as proud to be a Chicagoan as the locals in this stunning metropolis; even when it’s coated in ice. Don’t believe us: check out these pictures.
Apparently, we have good reason according to the list compiled by Blue Sky Innovation of the 20 greatest innovations Chicago gave the world. Topping the list are nuclear reaction, the skyscraper, cellphone, open-heart surgery and balloon-frame construction. Our frozen Chicago hearts just grew ten sizes.
In honor of this list, the Chicago uniform company decided to generate its own list of innovations it has spearheaded for the industrial laundry industry. Since its inception in 1921, Roscoe has been dedicated to innovation and sustainability, not only for itself, but also for the industry.
- Wastewater treatment (1974) – Then president, Donald Buik partnered with the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and two national trade associations to install the nation’s first waste water treatment system in a commercial laundry to reduce the impact of chemicals and water usage. To this day, the Chicago uniform company has the longest standing record of environmental compliance in the nation. Hooray.
- Automated sorting (1996) – This allowed for the Chicago uniform company to streamline a labor-intensive manual process, decreasing time and increasing accuracy while controlling labor costs and increasing inspection time.
- Bar coding/RF chips (1994) – Garments and merchandise can be scanned in and out at every inspection point reducing the likelihood of shortages. You can read more about how Roscoe handles shortages here.
- ISO certified 9001:2008 (2001) – The uniform company was the first in the nation to gain the designation for a quality management system that includes standardizing job functions, internal and external audits, customer focus, team member involvement and continual improvement.
- State of the art operation (2009) – Through the consolidation of the uniform company’s two plants, Roscoe created the most energy efficient operations in the nation that included skylights, motion-sensored overhead lights, and the Spindle tracking system.
All of this and more goes into providing you a quality product and exceptional service. We are proud to lead the way in the industry in line with Chicago’s innovative spirit. Contact a Roscoe representative to schedule a tour and see where the magic happens.
Contact us to learn more about Roscoe: The Chicago Work Uniform Company