When it comes to makeshift floor protection and attempts to improve safety, we’ve seen it all.
From cheap, store-bought mats that buckle, curl and tear, to cardboard covering the floor, to what appears to have become permanent wet floor signs … all used in areas where a rental floor mat, which is cleaned and exchanged on a regular basis, would have been a much better solution.
What’s So Bad About Store-Bought Mats?
Store-bought mats typically don’t last long and become trip hazards when they start to curl, crack, buckle, and tear. And because they are not cleaned professionally, for whatever dirt they do hold, the mat becomes the source for spreading dirt when wet shoes track across it.
Roscoe’s floor mats are made with a nitrile rubber backing that lays flat on the floor. We clean and exchange our mats on a weekly or biweekly basis, and when picked up for cleaning, we inspect each mat for needed repairs or replacement.
Oh, and by the way, we purchase the mats that we service, so our customers don’t have to worry about going to the store and making an investment, because we make the investment for them.
OK, do we need to tell anybody that using cardboard to protect floors and to stop water is a bad idea?
Apparently, we do, as we see it happen all the time. Not only is cardboard unattractive and not very absorbent, but it also creates a terrible trip hazard. A trip and fall accident can easily run into the tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses, not to mention lost time and workers’ compensation claims.
And our other favorite, the wet floor sign that becomes a permanent fixture at the water cooler, sink and/or entrance to the building. At some point, the signs become trip hazards! If you have areas that you know could be a common slip area due to liquids, dust, dirt, or other particles on the floor, consider using rental mats from Roscoe.
Why You Should Choose Roscoe’s Mat Rental Service
Here’s how our service works:
- We visit your facility to conduct an assessment and provide recommendations with a proposal.
- You’ll find we have a variety of mat styles, colors, and sizes to choose from. From Scraper Mats that stop the dirt from coming into the building to Super Mats that have a carpet/bristle pile, to logo and safety mats to anti-fatigue mats for those who work on their feet for extended periods … we’ve got you covered.
- After selecting the mats and layout that best fits your needs, we’ll purchase the mats needed to service your account with a weekly or every other week pick up and exchange service. We’ll pick up the dirty mats and lay down fresh, clean mats on each delivery. Most people don’t realize that vacuuming only removes 10% of dirt from a mat. When a mat becomes full of dirt, it becomes the source of dust, dirt, and grime tracked into your facility. With our service, we pick up the dirty mat, take it away, and lay down a professionally laundered mat in its place.
- As seasons and needs change, we’ll work with you in modifying the program to best suit your requirements.
Using a mat rental service from Roscoe makes sense for many reasons:
- Our mats are ADA-compliant and reduce trip and fall accidents.
- Our mats are Made in the USA.
- Mats cleaned on a regular basis reduce wear and tear on carpeting and preserve the finish of wood or tile floors.
- Logo mats can enhance your brand, but who would want to put their logo on a mat if it wasn’t cleaned on a regular basis? We can make the logo mat for you and provide the cleaning.
- We make the investment for our customers and take care of repairs and replacements as needed.
- Mats cleaned on a regular basis help reduce airborne dust particles, which is a major cause of office equipment failure.
- Our safety and quality message mats placed throughout your facility can help send important messages to your staff, while also reducing slip and fall accidents and protecting your floors.
- Our anti-fatigue mats can increase worker productivity by up to 25% and are viewed as a benefit to those who work on their feet for long periods of time. In today’s tight labor market, providing a comfortable working environment has benefits for many people.
We also provide uniforms, mops, and towels through our rental service. Give us a call to schedule an appointment to see how it all works and how we might be able to help.