“Nobody’s perfect” is a phrase we like to say to defend ourselves when we make a mistake. Someone once noted that everyone likes to say “Nobody’s perfect,” yet no one seems to be bothered much by their imperfections.
At Roscoe, our imperfections bother us. We want to be the best we can be for our customers, and the best industrial laundry and work uniform rental service available to our customers. But this isn’t just talk or wishful thinking; we turn that aspiration into action.
Strategic Planning Process
Our strategic planning process is extensive and detailed. We are now well underway in the Second Half Initiatives for 2017. Those initiatives were identified through the following:
- Our Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey, conducted by independent research firm Market Measurement
- WIG meetings
- Strategic planning brainstorming, moderated by another independent consultant, Bruce Hodes of CMI
- ISO audits
- Issues that come up during day-to-day operation
White papers, when necessary, are assigned, written and presented to the Strategic Planning Team. The members of this team are made up of a cross section from every department, so that the entire company is represented in the planning process. The white papers are then converted to action plans, which progress is monitored through objective recaps.
Among the action plans currently in progress are a series of initiatives to improve communications, whether in printed form (brochures, catalogs, forms, letters, etc.) or electronic (website, email, CRM software, etc.). These initiatives include:
- Reviewing our printed materials to improve branding, make it more consistent, and to clarify verbiage
- Improving billing, delivery route optimization, and customer service
- Improving efficiency and safety in production, delivery, and maintenance
- Undergoing extensive improvements in our systems and security within our IT department
All in all, if there are ways to better serve our customers, we systematically explore our business, looking at it objectively and subjectively, to discover those improvements.
“Nobody’s perfect” is a phrase that should be matched with “There’s always room for improvement.” But, going beyond just phrases and words, Roscoe is intentional about it. We are continuously looking for those improvements and turning them into reality.