The Roscoe Company has recently added a new 2’x3′ size in anti-fatigue mats designed for individual work stations. The mat rental company wants to point out the benefits of anti-fatigue mats or mats with anti-fatigue properties. A mat that is useful year round.
Anti-fatigue mats are made from a durable, closed-cell Nitrile foam rubber that is resistant to grease, oil and chemicals. It has beveled edges for easier floor to mat transition. Textured surface offers superior slip and skid resistance. Furthermore, anti-microbial treatment reduces odors by inhibiting the growth of germs and bacteria. And above all, it’s completely launderable.
The great thing about anti-fatigue mats is that they make concrete floors more ergonomically friendly which greatly benefit your employees. Studies have been conducted that prove the superiority of having anti-fatigue mats in the workplace. Among the results:
- Reduces slip and fall injuries: Anti-fatigue mats improve traction which many slip and fall incidents are caused by. Injuries caused by slip and fall accidents includes everything from strained muscles to broken bones and anti-fatigue mats are the leading preventatives of this.
- Reduces breakage of glass and other materials: Anti-fatigue mats absorb shock and sound, and eliminate vibrations. Therefore, anything that is dropped, which could lead to chemical or bio-hazardous spills, and lost profit, is less likely to break. This is safer for the worker and the company.
- Decreases back pain and stress: Placing anti-fatigue mats at workstations for employees who stand for long periods of time can take away the stress that occurs on the muscle groups in the lower back. This stress results in muscle pain and tension which can spread throughout the back, neck and shoulders.
- Prevents repetitive stress injuries and fatigue: The padding of an anti-fatigue mat diffuses the pressure caused by reduced blood flow to the lower legs which can result in bone misalignment and joint degeneration.
- Increases productivity: Since employees are enjoying better health and comfort they will exhibit higher efficiency, concentration and improved morale, all which directly impact productivity. Also, if the organization is saving money on injuries that means increased revenue and improved production rates.
Employee health and safety make anti-fatigue mats a vital accessory in industrial, retail and laboratory work environments.
While anti-fatigue mats can cost hundreds of dollars each to purchase, the mat company’s rental program provides them at no up-front cost and cleans them on a periodic basis. Contact a Roscoe representative to sample a 2’x3′ or 3’x5′ Complete Comfort Mat and experience improved worker productivity, health and safety.
Happy Friday and a wonderful Memorial Day!