It isn't hard to make the case for high-quality floor mats when the weather begins to change and there's a trail of wet leaves or dirty snow at the doorstep. But having the right floor mat system in your workplace does a lot more than keep your floors clean.
The right floor mat system saves you money. Here are a few of the ways that a high-quality floor mat system makes dollars and sense:*
- A dollar spent keeping soil out of a building will save $10 in the cost of cleaning to get it out of the building
- The estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a modern building can exceed $600
- The average cost of a slip-related injury is more than $12,000 while the average cost to defend against a slip and fall lawsuit is $50,000
- Workers who stand 8 hours on a concrete floor are 33% less productive, while an anti-fatigue mat increases productivity by 20% to 50%
- Lost productivity as the result of poor indoor air quality and "sick building syndrome" costs American businesses more than $100 billion a year
Get the Floor Mats You Need
At Roscoe, we provide much more than high quality floor mats. We provide a high-quality floor mat system, ensuring that you have the right kind of mats in the right locations, and that they are kept clean and in good repair. We provide weekly pick-up, delivery, inspection, laundering, conditioning and routine repairs – with easy to understand billing and the highest level of customer service in the industry. Here's how it works:
The right system starts with the right mats: At Roscoe, that means starting with the right manufacturer. Our mats are skid resistant, ADA compliant, and certified by the National Floor Safety Institute. A heavy rubber backing keeps them flat, secure and sturdy, ensuring that they hold up to heavy use without rippling or curling.
The right system includes the right laundering processes: At Roscoe, our service includes weekly pick-up, inspection and manufacturer-recommended processes for washing, drying and replenishing of the carpet pile. Our processes meticulously remove any sand or grit that remains after washing. While vacuuming removes only 10% of accumulated dirt and debris, 12-15 feet of properly laundered matting can trap 85% of the dirt that would otherwise be tracked into your workplace.
The right system deploys a variety of mats for different jobs:
- Scraper mats, placed outside entrances, have sturdy rubber ridges that remove debris from boots and shoes
- Super bristle and Ulti-Mats, often placed just inside building entrances, combine carpeted pile with stiff bristles that stop up to 35% more dirt than a traditional carpeted mat
- Logo and message mats can be personalized with any message you like
- Anti-fatigue mats reduce stress and fatigue for employees who stand for long periods of time and have been shown to increase productivity
- Disposable restroom mats keep the floors below urinals and toilets clean
The Right Floor Mat System is Right Here
At Roscoe, we've been keeping Chicago area businesses clean, healthy and slip free for decades, with the most reliable and cost-effective mat program you will find anywhere. Click on the link below to learn more.
*Sources: Cleaning & Maintenance Management, International Sanitary Supply Association, Wasau Insurance Co. and the National Floor Safety Institute, OSHA and the Center of Ergonomics, University of Michigan, Consumer Federation of America