At the Roscoe Chicago Uniform Company our goal is complete customer satisfaction which we achieve by providing our customers with a great product and service experience. We are able to do that because Roscoe is local and independently owned, which has allowed us to initiate a number of programs based on the specific needs of our customers.
Being a local, independently owned company is a considerable advantage, as you may recall from a recent posting. Charter Steel Trading, a new customer of the uniform rental company, experienced some of the same problems that other customers have who use a national chain. Some ways that Roscoe has helped include the following:
- Billing – Rather than confusing invoices with duplicate charges, the uniform company has a user friendly invoice that is also available through an online portal that outlines individual wearer usage and history. Changes are also easy to make through your personal team of Roscoe representatives.
- Cleanliness and Condition – Being in the steel manufacturing industry, removing soil left on uniforms can be a challenge. The uniform rental company sorts garments by type and soil for the right wash application and to avoid cross-contamination from pick-up to delivery.
- Shortages – Instead of a traditional hand count or no tracking system, at Roscoe all of our uniforms and mats have a bar code and RFID chips which allows team members to scan the products in at various stages of processing and prior to delivery.
- Repairs – Repairs are needed frequently due to working with sharp metal products. At the uniform company we have over five garment inspection points and catch 98% of repairs internally. Additionally we have a Yellow Bag program that makes it easy to communicate any repairs the wearer requests.
- Replacements – Rather than charging customers at new value for garment replacements, the mat rental company prorates uniforms 100% over a 48 month period and offers maintenance programs to curb spikes in invoices.
- Mat Quality and Safety – Delivery of wet mats is a problem we often hear about in the marketplace. Not only will Roscoe assess the types and quantity of mats that are appropriate, but the Chicago mat company also runs them through dryers after washing to remove excess moisture.
Research has found that local textile rental companies exceed expectations and outperform nationals in seven key areas, many of which were mentioned above:
- Timely response – 63% to 26%
- Uniform appearance – 61% to 35%
- Complete delivery – 53% to 16%
- Overall satisfaction – 53% to 25%
- Repairs – 52% to 15%
- Replacement policies – 49% to 24%
- Billing policies – 49% to 19%
Charter Steel prides themselves on providing complete customer satisfaction with on-time and accurate deliveries, as does Roscoe, which makes this a perfect fit. We are honored to have Charter Steel as a customer and strive to provide them the kind of service they provide their customers. Contact the uniform rental company to work with a local, independently owned rental textile company.