Monday, October 22, 2018
It isn't hard to make the case for high-quality floor mats when the weather begins to change and there's a trail of wet leaves or dirty snow at the doorstep. But having the right floor mat system in your workplace does a lot more than keep your floors clean.
The right floor mat system saves you money. Here are a few of the ways that a high-quality floor mat system makes dollars and sense:*
- A dollar spent keeping soil out of a building will save $10 in the cost of cleaning to get it out of the building
- The estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a modern building can exceed $600
- The average cost of a slip-related injury is more than $12,000 while the average cost to defend against a slip and fall lawsuit is $50,000
- Workers who stand 8 hours on a concrete floor are 33% less productive, while an anti-fatigue mat increases productivity by 20% to 50%
- Lost productivity as the result of poor indoor air quality and "sick building syndrome" costs American businesses more than $100 billion a year