At Roscoe, we're celebrating 97 years in business today and that is a lot to celebrate.
Nine plus decades have passed since two young entrepreneurs in 1921 recognized a booming city's need for someone to launder all of those work clothes. So we'll start there. Here are 97 reasons we are celebrating today:
- 2 Entrepreneurs: Our founders George C. Buik and John P. O'Connell, whose processes may have been dramatically different, but whose pioneering spirit still drives us today. Today, Buik's grandson Jim oversees a facility that employs state-of-the-art technology to deliver unparalleled efficiency, accuracy and customer service.
- 25 (going on 26) years of customer satisfaction surveys designed to drill down into what we can do better: You don't get to celebrate a 97th anniversary in local business without a demonstrable commitment to putting the needs of your customers first.
- 4 certifications of accountability: At Roscoe we don't just make promises. We hold ourselves accountable – to our customers, to our employees, to our community and to our environment. Measurable accountability standards like OSHA's SHARP Certification, ISO 9001: 2015 Certification, Clean Green Certification and the Governor's Sustainability Award provide independent outside benchmarks we can measure ourselves against. That is the spirit of continuous improvement, which drives us to push past our successes to ask, "What could we be doing better?"
- A 65-member team whose commitment to customer service is unmatched: There is nothing we celebrate more at Roscoe than the people who make everything possible. While we can boast of having the most technologically advanced processes in the industry, it is people who make the Roscoe difference. That's why when we installed the German-engineered Kannegiesser sorting system that gave us the ability to process and track thousands of garments at a time with near perfect accuracy, its efficiency did not cost a single team member his or her job. An established practice of cross-training and flexibility made that possible.
- You. We could not have done it without you. We could never have made it to a 97th anniversary without what we believe is the greatest, most supportive business community in the world.
Cheers to you from all of us at Roscoe!